Use your OD skills and creativity to make a difference
Leading social change in Australia
3mth contract – into PT role
Collaboration for Impact (CFI) is one of Australia’s newest and most interesting social enterprises in the social innovation sector. CFI enables communities across Australia and New Zealand to thrive – by building their capacity to address complex problems and drive systems change. We build capacity by walking alongside, not doing. We provide this support through a network of Australia’s best specialist practitioners in the areas of system thinking, collective impact, collaborative practice, adaptive leadership, citizen mobilization and the evaluation/measurement of system change.
After rapid growth, CFI is now positioned to more strongly support and develop its network of practitioners. We are looking to contract someone with an Organisational Development background to build and implement our network development strategy. The initial work would be on a short-term contract with a view to an ongoing part time role.
As the successful contractor, we see you leading the following pieces of work:
- Developing competency frameworks for the work CFI does – territory that as far as CFI is aware has not been articulated in Australia or internationally. You would build systems that support existing Network members develop their competencies while recruiting, inducting and developing new practitioners as demand for CFIs services grows.
- Co-designing and implementing the network development strategy with CFI’s core team and Network members. It is imperative that the co-design process strengthens CFI’s collaborative learning culture and the resultant strategy reflects CFI’s commitment to:
- Having measurable impact in the communities we support
- Being a highly effective networked learning organisation
- Having an expanded and well positioned offering to communities
- Being highly influential thought leaders and capacity builders
- Attracting work that keeps the network learning
- Co-designing and implementing an internal learning system that allows the CFI core team and Network members to share their diverse expertise with each other, leverage experience of new and existing members, and develop new practice and skills from the ground and international best practice.
CFI has developed a blueprint for each of the three areas outlined above.
About the Position – Network Development Manager
To thrive in this environment, you will need to be able to:
- Adapt OD best practice and processes to this unique organisational environment
- Create new OD/Network development practices suitable to this unique environment in partnership with the Network members
- Know or feel passionate about learning the core elements of CFI’s approach (systems change, collaborative practice, adaptive leadership, navigating complexity, the design and implementation of learning and evaluation systems, & community mobilization) and contexts (vulnerable and/or remote communities; collaborations addressing complex social issues and contracting CFI to convene around i.e. child protection, drug and alcohol, educational; disadvantage, poverty, the early years)
- Know or feel passionate about learning about the government, community and philanthropic sectors that CFI is committed to driving change within
- Love working in an environment where the knowledge base is constantly evolving
- Hold the tensions and possibilities inherent to a start-up
- Hold, articulate and operationalize at a very practical level the organizational vision CFI is in the process of developing with its Network members
- Be a conduit between CFI’s Network members and the CFI core team
- Know or learn into how CFI can use technological solutions to drive deep relationships across its geographically dispersed network
- Coach and support the professional development CFI Network members, particularly new members and those involved in complex sometimes isolating assignments
- Apply by submitting your application via email to CFI General Manager – Kyrstie Dunn email@example.com with the following:
- Cover letter – outlining three reasons why you are the right candidate for this position.
- Your CV.
- Your LinkedIn profile and contact telephone number.
- Closing date Tuesday 31 July @ 5:00pm (AEST)
- Please contact Kyrstie with clearly articulated queries for an email response if required for pre-applying.
If you know someone who may be suitable for this role please share the link or the PDF job description can be downloaded here