Local Community Services Association (LCSA) is holding it’s Connecting Communities Conference on 18, 19, 20 September at the Australian Technology Park in Redfern. Its theme is “Diversity and Inclusion – Are we there yet?”
“Early bird” registration is now open (available until 14 August).
To register go to http://connecting-communities.org.au/registration.php
With a great line up of speakers, excursions and masterclasses, the program will engage organisations from across government, non-government and the broader community. It is an opportunity to learn how connecting communities creates community change, how diversity and inclusion are meaningful and sustainable drivers for cultural change and how we influence and resolve complex social problems.
Some of the speakers will include:
- The Hon. Ray Williams, MP. Minister for Multiculturalism, Minister for Disability Services
- Dr Jackie Huggins, Co-chair of the National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples
- Andrew Johnson, the NSW Advocate for Children and Young People
- Pentti Lemmetyinen (Finland) President of the International Federation of Settlement and Neighbourhood Centres
- Dr Tim Moore Senior Research Fellow, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute; Manager, Research and Policy Team, Centre for Community Child Health
- Diana Qian, Chairperson of Diversity and Disability Alliance
The conference will highlight the challenges faced by the community sector in the current climate of change. With rapid reform comes heightened expectations that services will be evidence-informed, client and community focused, outcomes driven and will act collaboratively to create an integrated service system. What is our understanding of these expectations and how we can successfully address them?
Join our partners LCSA as they share their ideas and expertise and create a powerful network for community change in a fun and energising learning experience!
For further information please go to the Connecting Communities website.