2 & 3 Oct
Would you like this in your state? Let us know!
There is growing recognition globally that levels of complexity and uncertainty are increasing. Strengthening resilience, that is strengthening a system’s ability to adapt and respond to external impacts while maintaining function, is a prerequisite for achieving improving outcomes for people and communities. Social change initiatives in Australia and abroad will need to deliberately and collaboratively design for systemic resilience.
This 2-day workshop will be delivered by CFI with CSIRO co-facilitating on Day 1. The workshop has been designed using a range of adult learning formats including:
- Interactive group processes that build shared understanding of language. These processes can be taken and used by participants in their own work.
- Pre-reading and content presentations on systems thinking, systems change interventions and collaborative responses
- Instructions, guides and tools on how to collaboratively undertake system assessments and develop system change strategies
- Use of a live case study to apply some of the tools during the workshop in order to build understanding and confidence
- Working with participants live challenges around initiating and strengthening collaborations so they can apply systems thinking and systems change strategies.
You should attend this workshop if you are:
- Involved in, leading or thinking about initiating a collaborative response to a complex challenge
- Developing policy to better respond to complex challenges
- Funding collaborative change processes
- Playing a role enabling collaborations to develop their thinking and practice
- Evaluating the impact of collaborative change processes
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Greater awareness and understanding of systems change
- Practical experience applying systems thinking tools to a worked example
- Skills designing collaborative responses to complex challenges
- Developed insights and plans for making progress in their collaborative work
Early bird ticket price = $675 + GST (4 weeks before workshop)
Full ticket price = $750 + GST